Set the naming convention
Each time I enter activity I receive its identifier which I use afterwards to construct file name.
Usually the file name naming convention is specified in separate document and the file name consist:
- factual name/title of the document,
- spaces, underscores and dashes used as separators.
This manual process of creation of the file name is error prone:
- wrong identifier or truncated identifier can be copied,
- wrong convention for the version number can be used (e.g. 1.0 instead of 1.00),
- dashes can be used in place of underscores and spaces - and opposite,
- some part of the file name is forgotten (e.g. version),
- some parts of the file name can be misplaced,
And honestly I saw in the past all above mistakes on daily basis - some of them I did by myself.
Therefore I propose that you add a read only field with the file name template which would be constructed automatically from the other fields related to the given activity (extension could be omitted). So each time I need to create a file name I just copy paste this field.
The requirement has been added to our requirement list, we hope to address the issue within one month.
Abdelkrim, on behalf of the StratEx team